Thursday, May 31, 2012

A notice from Dr Kerr

Simon Kerr writes:...."Many apologies to those of you who are currently unable to see me in Ottery St Mary & particularly in Newton Poppleford. Subject to the passing of the Heath & Social Care Bill through the House of Lords earlier this year I have been helping to ensure the highest of clinical standards are provided to our patients locally here in Devon. I am spending time with NHS Devon staff & have taken lead roles in the services for Carers, addtional primary care support in A+E & the acute admissions unit in Exeter. I am engaging and co-ordinating regular joint working in the seven Eastern Devon GP practices & been integral to the construction of the N.E.W Devon clinical commissioning group. We have held public meetings in Honiton & Ottery St Mary to engage with local opinion & plan a third event in the Guildhall in Axminster in June.

The coalition's buzz-phrase "no decision about me without me" is about local clinicians steering healthcare in the direction to meet the identifed needs of their local populations. Inevitably this process will lead to some of us having less face to face time with patients overall but these changes have already led to services closer to patients here of which there are now many examples .

I am confident Dr Peter Milner who is currently locuming for me for three sessions/week will provide an excellent alternatve in Newton Poppleford over the forthcoming months, many thanks for your understanding"

No comments:

Post a Comment